Saturday, January 9, 2010

Practice Pack

I am ecstatic to have a good start on Practice Packs for the kid's cello and violin lessons! Throughout my years teaching violin, I have used many different systems to get my students to practice, but nothing was quite working how I wanted. It wasn't until I went from being a Suzuki Teacher to a Suzuki Mom that I realized how important it is to have everything laid out for you AND the student.

I used a double lapbook with a pocket for extra storage of games.


This is the main page for every day's practice. The songs and activities on left are laminated and backed with 3M hook and loop dots. After the student completes activity, he/she moves it to the check marked side. When you get to the review card, the student picks one of his/her previously reviewed pieces from the Review Box below. So each days practice is completely customizable to what the student needs THAT DAY!


After something has been reviewed, the card goes to the pocket next to it. When the review box has been emptied, you move everything back and start all over. This way you are consistently reviewing all the material and techniques.

Here is our fish review game. On the back of each fish are the same activities as in the review box, just a different format.
Here is a re review game for the pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment