Tuesday, January 5, 2010

INSTA-SNOW....just add water!


I kept wanting to bring real snow in the house and let the kids use their Arctic animals in it, but that didn't go over so well last year. Freezing hands, melting snow.....you get the picture. Thankfully, Aunt Trisha gave the boys Insta-Snow for Christmas. This "snow" looks like the real deal and is much easier on the hands. To make the snow, you add water to the Insta-Snow powder and watch it grow! If you add the right amount of water fast enough, you can make an exciting eruption. (Which we did.....over and over and over again.) Ready for the best part? Once it dries out, you just add more water and do it again. Good Stuff!



We also made an iceberg this week to go along with our sinking and floating unit study.



2 comments:

  1. I love the iceberg - we are doing a snowman lesson this week. I am going to borrow your idea! Very creative! I will make sure to mention your blog in my post. You can probably see it posted later this week on my blog.
    :) Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will definitely do some ice activities when we get to "ice worlds" in our geography track. I like all the pretend play that came with learning about snow and ice :)

    ReplyDelete