Monday, August 8, 2011

Family Art– Giraffe Mosaic

264267_2152585855141_1261251269_32675868_2111753_n

What do you do when your playroom needs art and you don’t want to break the bank.?  You buy Kathy’s $5 dollar art mural download and let your kids have at it.  Super cheap and hours of fun!

I love it when there is an art project we can to together as a family and this project was it for sure.  The variations between each section of the mural is so cool to me and the boys love telling anyone who will listen which parts they painted.  

The way it works is simple, purchase the download and print it on heavy weight paper.  My crazy printer wouldn’t let me use card stock, so I printed it on copy paper and then transferred the design to watercolor paper. I let each kid choose what pieces they would work on and, after they dried (okay, really it sat on the shelf for a month), I mounted pieces to cheapo Home Depot subfloor using YES Paste.  YES paste is amazing, by the way.  I also covered it in Modge Podge to make it shiny as well as more resistant to little finger prints.    Check out Kathy’s blog for some super cool homeschool art ideas for your kids.  The boys really enjoy her free (and simple) “how to draw…” instructions.  I can’t wait to try some of her Mini Murals with the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment