Thursday, October 8, 2009

Weekly Wrap-Up: Corn is a Fruit, and Other Happenings

This week started out with a bang and fizzled....FAST. I am in the midst of the first trimester, can't ever remember being this tired in my life phase with the added bonus of children who do not nap.
Family Field Day to officially kick off our study of Nutrition, Exercise, Rest and Fun.
Thank goodness we had science class at my house this week and it was on Nutrition, which is what we are studying. Awesome!
Oh and it has been confirmed by a botanist, botanically speaking CORN is a FRUIT. Go figure. It can also be considered a grain. Technically vegetables do not have seeds and corn is a bunch of seeds.
We did some apple prints....that is the extent of my creativity these days.




Logan gave himself a black eye.
Taste testing some apples.


Yup, and this is the extent of our "academic" learning this week.
Painting from an areal perspective. That was Dylan's idea and a great one at that.


These paints are incredible! The colors are so vibrant!

Dylan started making this "Nutrition" game, I am excited to see how it turns out.

For more Weekly Wrap-ups check out Kris at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a VERY crafty week to me! Congrats on getting anything done while preggo :)

    http://crispy-not-crunchy.blogspot.com/2009/10/wwu-much-better-than-last-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fruit prints, what a great idea. I always think, but it's wasting the food..... I don't know why.
    I gave you an award over at my blog, I've been loving reading yours.

    ReplyDelete